Monday, July 21, 2008

6 Adults, 3 Kids, and 2 Dogs

This past weekend, we took Katelynn on her first camping trip! We spent two nights at the Gold Basin Camp Ground in the Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest with our good friends the Belks and Clarks. I wish I had taken pictures of our tent, but you'll have to do with just a description: pretty much I brought the nursery with me! We borrowed this giant 8+ person tent and fit in our blowup mattress, her pack-n-play, AND the bouncy chair from Ikea that I disassembled and brought to feed her in. It was pretty awesome. Here's Katelynn playing on her blanket in an attempt to prevent her from eating rocks. (The band-aid is not a result of a camping accident; she scratched her face just before we left on Friday.)
In the high chair waiting to eat. She got to try pancakes and a grilled cheese sandwich this weekend. Both were a hit.
Katelynn also went on her first hike with us this weekend. 1.6 miles round trip up to a fun little lake.
Tucker helped Samuel play in the lake while Katelynn and I watched from the shore.
Liam had lots of fun in the mud.
Thanks to Casen and Spring we recently acquired an ice cream ball. The boys (Samuel and Paul in this picture) had a good time kicking it around to prepare some delicious vanilla and chocolate for us.
All in all, Katelynn did pretty well. We are a little sleep deprived because she would only sleep cuddled with us (so much for bringing the pack-n-play) but we enjoyed ourselves. Jenn Clark has the group photos on her camera, so I'll post those as soon as I get them!

1 comment:

jenn said...

It was a ton of fun! Yes, I do have the group picture. Is that a hint to get my butt in gear and get it off the camera!